Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Barnett Panzer V Crossbow Review

A couple months ago I purchased my first ever crossbow.... a Barnett Panzer V.
I want to start off with saying I didn't have my hopes high as I used to be very competitive in the IBO and ASA 3-D archery world and as anyone else knows you usually get what you pay for.  In this case it isn't true.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money but I also wanted a recurve crossbow that was a name brand.  I knew from the start that with the Panzer shooting 245 fps I wasn't going to be leaving a smoke trail behind my bolt.  As any seasoned archer knows it doesn't matter how fast the bow is as long as you hit your mark.  Speed will help but it isn't really important.
The Panzer out of the box equipped with a Truglo four dot reticle sight (I didn't like the one that came with it) and factory Barnett 18" bolts shoots great.  I quickly got the sight close at 20 yards and started moving back to fine tune.  At 30 yards I split a bolt with another bolt from the moon nock to about half way down the fletchings.  I was able to hold a 4" group of five bolts at 45 yards.
Another plus about the Panzer is that it is extremely light weight.  This makes it easy to shoot free hand and also very nice when walking to the stand or blind.
I not only went with this crossbow because of the low price but I also wanted the simplicity of the recurve bow.  I personally think anyone that would own this crossbow would have a hard time not liking it's performance for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment